Sunday 13 July 2014

OOTD: FLORAL F*%!ING QUEEN

*WARNING- THIS OUTFIT CONTAINS WHAT SOME MIGHT FIND AN OVERWHELMINGLY OFFENSIVE AMOUNT OF BOTANICAL ACTION* Don't like Florals? I suggest you exit the page now. 












 I always go on about my love for all things floral, but this perhaps takes my love to another level. I purchased this floral headband from Primark thinking I would never wear it whilst hating the fact I had caved in to the floral head crown trend, which at times can look painfully mainstream and tacky. I figured for £2, or whatever it was, I may as well try spicing it up in an Evvy way. It's not as pink as it seems to be coming up on camera, far more of a coral shade in fact, so is the jacket and crop top. This ribbed coral crop is one of the many colors brought out by Topshop this season, and I knew I would get a lot of use out of it so I purchased this awesome neon coral shade as well as a black one. 

I had been saving this beuteous botanical shirt that I picked up at the Brighton Vintage Fair since April  , because I actually struggled to style it until now, and in reality there's no real chic inspiration here, simply a combination of bright summer pieces that I threw together an decided I liked. 

This outfit also features a few sale steals; first of all this urban retro inspired gold chain which I grabbed in the Zara sale because we all know I have a slight obsession/addiction/dependency to gold gangster style necklaces, and for £9.99 in the Zara sale, it would have actually been disrespectful of me not to pick it up. Secondly the coral jellies which I had been spying on since they first came out at the begining of the season (when I also did an entire post of my love for them- here) so when River Island reduced them to £10 I snapped them up like it was nobody business. I appreciate that jelly shoes are very love/hate but they remind me of my child hood and when I tried them on they were  comfy (not after wearing all day though I will add) plus I have a load of outfits I could pair them with so...that's my justification. 

Coral Jacket-Zara
Gold Chain Necklace- Zara Sale 
Floral Shirt- Lou Lou's Vintage Fair

Floral Head Crown- Primark 
Sunglasses- H&M


~

No comments:

Post a Comment