Sunday 6 July 2014

OOTN: AFRICAN SAVANNAH









Lets not ignore the obvious. Its the dress of all dresses and since the moment +River Island released this print into their Spring/Summer collection I've been head over heels in awe -literally. I featured a bomber jacket with this same print in my May Love List, which I still adore, but I just so happened to be browsing the River sale and I thought it was a hallucination when I saw this beauty of a piece reduced to £25, so I did what I do best and whipped out my credit card. Fabric wise, its strange, an almost 'crate paper' feel but less horrific, or even like a shower curtain or a sports jacket...enough of the wildly inaccurate descriptions. The point is, its light and airy but could still be worn in colder months with tights and boots... 

My Zara coral jacket has been one of my go-to pieces recently because it can be so dressy whilst adding a casual edge, and as I've said before, I'm really into monotone dressing at the moment so it just complimented the mass of peachy orangeness wonderfully. Check out my review of the Zara Experience featuring this coat. Whilst on the subject of Zara, let me show my appreciation for my new favorite shoe. I picked up these orange leather courts in store in their summer sale, and oh sweet Moses, they're fabulous. They have to be some of the most comfortable heels I've ever worn, because of the leather, the heel height, the width- it's all perfect, and of course the insane price (were £50, I paid £25). If you get a chance to grab these then do, because they can be that pop of wonder to a plain outfit or compliment an equally vibrant ensemble. 

They say you're either a silver or gold person, and I'm certainly on the gold side, hence the accessories. It's all very simple and elegant, with the help of my mums coral necklace. On my lips I wore 'Dangerous' by Gosh which is this deep orange and I've never tried any Gosh products but this lipstick was great- pigmented and very moisturizing. Nails wise I tried an unusual ombre creation type thing with three shades of orange & yellow, which turned out to be pretty damn dope if I do say so myself.  

Sunset Print Dress River Island Sale
Coral Coat- Zara- (Similar Here)
Gold Chain Belt- H&M
Gold Box Clutch- Vintage 


~
  

No comments:

Post a Comment